Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New cyclist, coming thur!


Hello, first blog of this page, hope you enjoy. My name is Jason, I am brand new to the Portland Area and brand new to road biking. I guess it is fair to give you a route of how I got here. I am a North Carolina Native (Go Heels!) I served in the US Navy which took me to Virginia Beach VA. While there, in 2005, I met a wonderful woman from Wilsonville Oregon. We started dating and she brought me out to Oregon in which i fell in love with. I loved the scenery and thought then, September 2006, "wow, i could actually live here".


Well as time went on, we got out of the Navy, got married, and lived a great life, but with no family support, how was we to start a family, so we talked it over and then in May of 2008, we moved home, and home is here in Lake Oswego Oregon.



So now we are here and wow, I am all of a sudden surrounded by triathetes, cyclist, runners, bike lanes, bike shops every 2 miles, and I was doing, well nothing.

So after some begging, April (My wife) allowed me to buy a bike. I decided I did not want something to expensive, what if cycling suck? Would I use it?

So I found a new Trek 1.2 Road Bike. I like the way it looked, felt and rode great compared to my past Mt. Bikes, it was a riding effort dream.

So now I am off and riding. Looking for riders in my caliber, not too fast, 20-25 miles right now, so love to find a riding group!

No comments: